Deadline: 1st July 2022 |
The Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship is a comprehensive program for storytellers to accelerate their project in development through a series of skill-building workshops, networking events, pitching opportunities and mentorship. Projects in development must include a visual media component (e.g. short-form and long-form films, animation, VR/AR/360° video, a web series, a film impact campaign, etc.).
Projects can consist of a wide range of topics including but not limited to environmental justice, climate change, conservation, human-wildlife conflict, traditional ecological knowledge, etc. Applicants will be asked to clearly articulate their goals. A fellow’s undertaking can be in the early, middle, or later stage of development.
This 4-month program will accept 10 to 15 in-person fellows, beginning their journey virtually with a slate of workshops, gatherings and mentorship and will culminate with an engaging lineup of exclusive skill-building and networking opportunities at the 31st annual Jackson Wild Summit in Burgenland, Austria.
Jackson Wild celebrates inclusivity and the creative perspectives of emerging natural history and science filmmakers. Storytellers who represent historically excluded communities are encouraged to apply. Please note that this fellowship will primarily be conducted in English.
2022 Summit Fellows will receive:
- A complimentary pass to the 2022 Jackson Wild Summit
- Lodging that is covered for the duration of the fellowship (Sat, Sept 24 – Sun, Oct 1)
- A financial stipend to cover the cost of travel
The Fellowship will include:
• Two virtual workshops before the Summit
• Two in-person workshops at the Summit
• One virtual networking event prior to the Summit
• A social hour for fellows and mentor / board individuals on Sunday night
• A gathering for all of the fellows on Tuesday evening
• Fellows will have an exclusive opportunity to sign up for consulting on projects in the works
• Early sign-up for speed pitching
• Individual support with fellows’ specified career goals and projects
Find out more and apply at the official link below:
Apply before 1st July, 2022