Deadline 15th September 2020 | A global photo contest on flora and fauna in the time of COVID-19 in support of the restoration of eco-systems.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) was set up in 1947 by ECOSOC. It is one of five regional commissions of the United Nations.
The COVID-19 outbreak is a tragic moment in human history. The pandemic has claimed many lives and continues to have an extremely negative impact on our economies and societies. It came suddenly and forced many of us into lockdown. This long period of isolation made the UNECE reflect on the vulnerability of the society and on the need to build back better, including by promoting biodiversity and the restoration of ecosystems
- By taking part in this contest, your photographs will gain a chance to appear in a web-based gallery and will be promoted by the United Nations.
- The best 13 photographs will be used to illustrate a 2021 calendar of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe which will be widely distributed among delegates worldwide, as well as a photography exhibition which will be organized in the Palais des Nations in Geneva in autumn 2020 to celebrate and promote the start of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
- Technical quality, visual impact and originality of the photograph.
- The entry must be an original photograph taken by the participant.
- You should ensure the photo submitted is high resolution (max 20 MB).
- All photographs submitted must be in JPEG format.
- Zip files will not be accepted or opened.
- Only original photos will be considered.
Find out more and apply today at the official link below:
Apply before 15th September, 2020