Deadline: 31st January 2021 | The Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards recognise and celebrate the contributions that innovators in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors are making in advancing the sustainable development goals in Commonwealth countries.
Who can apply?
Nominees must be Commonwealth citizens or organisations from the public, private or voluntary sectors based in a Commonwealth country. The nominated innovation should be based in or originate in a Commonwealth country.
Now more than ever we need the drive of inventive and imaginative minds to be applied in solving the problems and overcoming the challenges being faced by communities throughout the Commonwealth.
Commonwealth Secretary-General Patricia Scotland
Each award winner will receive a trophy, a certificate and prize money of £3,000. Award winners will receive ongoing support for their work and may also be invited to participate in high-level forums such as the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, Commonwealth Business Forum and Commonwealth Games.
- Nominees can be individuals, groups or teams, organisations, companies, charities or government ministries / departments / agencies.
- Nominees must be directly engaged in developing their innovations, either in a full-time, part-time or voluntary capacity.
- Nominees must be Commonwealth citizens, governments or public sector organisations in Commonwealth countries, private enterprises based in Commonwealth countries or civil society / not-for-profit organisations based in Commonwealth countries.
- Nominated innovations must be able to demonstrate impact or potential in achieving progress on one or more of the 17 SDGs in a Commonwealth country (or countries).
- Nominees must be willing to take part in Commonwealth-supported activities and initiatives related to the Commonwealth Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards.
Winners will be selected by an independent and eminent panel of judges appraising them on:
- Level of achievement, impact or demonstrable potential of innovation to advance sustainable development in one or more Commonwealth countries; strategy, business/delivery plan and impact evaluation/results measurement framework
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem-solving
- Quality of achievement and impact
- Quality of the evidence and supporting documentation provided.
Find out more at the official link below:
Apply before 31st January, 2021