Deadline: 2nd June 2023 |
Are you using futures and foresight methods to make the world a better place? Do you want to be part of a global network of young foresight practitioners with a shared purpose? Do you need support to amplify your positive impact in the world? Age 18-35
If you replied yes to these questions, then you should apply to the NGFP Fellowship. Come join a young cohort of changemakers from around the world in re-imagining and co-creating equitable and inclusive futures! Applications are now open!
The fellowship is an opportunity for young professionals to have more support as they begin to explore the futures and foresight field. We know that being a futurist can be a lonely place, and a sort of practice that particularly young people do on the side of their daily jobs, and usually for free. The fellowship is a way to provide the next generation of future and foresight enthusiasts with a platform to connect with like-minded people from around the world, receive mentorship and foresight capability building, participate in regional and sector-specific hubs, and access funding to develop their foresight projects. Fellows also have the opportunity to participate in highly relevant events in the futures and foresight field, and to be connected with today’s decision-makers at the highest levels.
- At the beginning of the journey, each fellow receives a USD $1,000 prize to develop and accelerate their project. If a fellow’s application is considered outstanding by judges (identifiable by the badge “judges choice”), the grant is doubled.
- By the end of their one-year journey, all fellows have the chance to run for the Fellowship Main Prize, which consists of a more substantial grant (at least USD $10,000) and acknowledges those who made the most of their journey.
- Open to anyone between 18 and 35 years old, as well as those who are older, but have less than 5 years of experience using foresight.
- They are particularly enthusiastic about applications from those living in the Global South, and those working on the world’s most complex issues, or Global Challenges, as they like to call them.
- To apply to join the Fellowship you’ll need to complete an online form which includes sharing a short 2-4 minute video and answering 7 questions about you, your experience, and your foresight project idea. The community of judges will then review applications and make decisions around this year’s cohort which will be announced in Autumn 2023.
Find out more and apply at the official link below:
Apply before 2nd June, 2023