Deadline: 23rd July 2021 | Age 18-35 | The #WatchOurImpact Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest has begun! Submit an original, three-minute video or slideshow in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish that tells the story of your youth-led actions to advance local, national, or global development and meets the contest requirements. The story you tell can be personal, that of a group of young changemakers, or that of a youth-led organisation.
The contest is open to all members of the public who are:
– Citizens of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) as listed here,
– Aged 18-35, and Members of YouthLead with a member profile that is at least 80 percent complete.
Young changemakers around the world are making lasting impacts in their communities, yet their efforts are too often underestimated. The United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Global Leadership and Education Advancing Development (Global LEAD) Initiative, YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation (YP2LE), and Generation Unlimited (GenU), along with other global partners, have joined forces for this digital storytelling contest to show how youth are using the power of change to make the world a better place.
The five selected winners will be announced on August 2 on YouthLead.org and across all campaign partners’ social media channels. In addition, contest winners will:
- Take part in the USAID Global LEAD #WatchOurImpact Dialogue with other VIPs on August 12.
- Be featured on GenU’s website.
- Have the opportunity to meet with a senior member of the GenU global leadership council or board.
- Lead a “social media takeover” of GenU accounts.
- Become part of GenU’s pool of moderators.
- Be connected with GenU country offices.
While any type of development activity would be acceptable, special attention will be given to those stories that link their work to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and/or the following key issues:
– COVID-19/Pandemic Response,
– Education/Skills Development,
– Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship,
– Climate Action,
– Food Security/Resilience,
– Digital Literacy/Security/Action,
– Civic Engagement, and
– Wellness/Violence Reduction.
All video and/or slideshow submissions must:
– Be no longer than three minutes;
– Have a title and brief description; and
– Be an original work by the Entrant created for the purpose of this contest.
Find out more and apply at the official link below:
Apply before 23rd July, 2021