Deadline: 31st March 2021 | Age 18-35 |Do you have an idea to better your community through social entrepreneurship? Need access to mentorship, facilitation and finance to get your idea started and growing? If yes, the ASEAN Social Entrepreneurship Development Programme is for you!
This programme will provide social enterprises in ASEAN with access to more significant opportunities to improve their ventures through mentorship, facilitation, trade of knowledge from a network of the region’s social enterprises, financing, and access to market places.
The ASEAN-SEDP will play a significant role and will contribute to achieve the ASEAN Economic Community and ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community, particularly in supporting the realisation of the ASEAN Strategic Action Plan for SME Development 2016-2025 and ASEAN Work Plan on Youth 2021-2025.
- To sustain youth entrepreneurship through structured capacity building and mentoring programmes;
- To empower youth-led social enterprises across the ASEAN region through (1). Promoting productivity, technology and Innovation; (2). Increasing access to finance; (3). Enhancing market access and internationalisation; and (4). Promoting entrepreneurship and human capital development;
- To achieve SDG 1 – No Poverty, SDG 3 – Good Health and Well-Being, SDG 4 – Quality Education, SDG 5 – Gender Equality, SDG 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production, and SDG 13 – Climate Action through social enterprises empowerment with specified targets detailed in the challenges Section
Eligibility & Qualifications
Social enterprises from ASEAN countries who are implementing projects and creating products solving challenges related to the SDGs mentioned above with the following qualifications are eligible to apply:
- 50% of the Social Enterprises team members are aged between 18 to 35 years old.
- A team must comprise at least 2 members with at least one team member having ASEAN nationality.
- As part of promoting ASEAN identity and encouraging cross-national and cross-border cooperation, it is desirous that a team consists of at least one member having different ASEAN nationality and/or reside in a different ASEAN country.
- All team members must be currently residing in the following ASEAN countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- If selected, each team must be fully committed to participating in the full cycle of the programme
- The social enterprise must be in the early stage of the implementation; its project is local and has been in an operation for more than 5 months (preferable); and it has actively been seeking professional support for scale-up and growth and/or funding.
- Some team members must have good English as the programme will be in English
For full details, head to the official link below:
Apply before 31st March, 2021