Deadline: 30th November 2022 | The Fellowship will grant $20,000 each to three writers to support revision of a feature screenplay or pilot that engages with climate change in a meaningful way through events, actions, character, emotions, plot, and/or setting.
In addition, NRDC will connect each fellowship recipient with the following professionals for feedback and guidance on their scripts:
– A credited professional screenwriter with an interest in climate storytelling
– A climate story consultant from NRDC’s Rewrite the Future program to advise on effective approaches to climate storytelling that are entertaining and impactful
– As applicable, one or more NRDC experts to advise on climate issues highlighted in the script.
– After receiving these consultations, Fellows have six (6) months to complete a revision of their script. Revised scripts may be reviewed for development by prominent studios, agencies and/or production companies including Hyperobject Industries, Madica Productions, UTA and WME.
– At the end of the Fellowship, each recipient will provide a designated representative of the NRDC with a short reflection of how the grant has been used to advance their work and/or career in addition to a revised version of their script including an overview of the changes they made during the revision process.
Find out more and apply at the official link below:
Apply before 30th November, 2022