Deadline: 15th March 2021 | the 2021 Underwriters Laboratories-ASEAN-U.S. Science Prize for Women will focus on clean water and clean air which are not limited to access to clean & safe water and air pollution only, but also emphasize how science, technology and innovation can bring about positive outcomes and by improving water or air quality for ASEAN.
The prize contest is open to female applicants in two categories (Mid-career and Senior Scientists) who are engaged in research related to the clean water and clean air in the region and who are role models for other women working in and pursuing careers in STEM fields.
Applications are welcome from researchers or lecture in universities or research institutes as well as from scientists / researchers / experts / technologists / innovators from governmental bodies and private sector or even any environmental activists from Civil Society Organizations (CSO) or Non-Government Organizations (NGO).
In order to participate in this Prize, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Female professional working in applied science
- Citizen of an ASEAN Member State (AMS) include: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Holder a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree. Applicant who is candidate for, or in process of pursuing a PhD or doctoral degree are not eligible.
- To qualify for the Mid-career Scientist category, the applicant must be 45 years or below on the closing date of the application period.
- To qualify for the Senior Scientist category, the applicant must be aged 46 or older on the closing date of the application period.
Academician / researcher / innovator / technologist / expert / practitioner / activist in this year’s theme of clean water and clean air.
Find out more at the official link below:
Apply before 15th March, 2021