Deadline: 17th October 2021 |
Got a project that will help spread solutions journalism to your community (and beyond)? Apply for a LEDE Fellowship today, and join a community of entrepreneurs shaping the news of tomorrow.
For the third year running, the Solutions Journalism Network is seeking proposals from journalists who are leading or want to lead a project that will produce solutions journalism stories — and take others with them to spread the approach. The LEDE Fellowship is a yearlong opportunity for journalists to conceptualize and execute such projects alongside other entrepreneurs committed to extending the reach of solutions journalism and becoming the face of its future.
What do the LEDE Fellows receive?
- Deep connections with a tight-knit community of solutions journalism entrepreneurs from around the world, who will serve as lasting sources of accountability, problem-solving and encouragement during and beyond the yearlong fellowship;
- Access to exclusive professional development sessions on storytelling, engagement, fundraising, equity and more;
- An honorarium of up to $3,500, proportional to the scope of the fellow’s project;
- Ongoing support and promotion from the staff of SJN and its network of more than 5,000 journalists and newsrooms around the world.
What do the LEDE Fellows commit to do?
- Achieve their project’s specific goals to seed solutions stories, document teachable insights for the greater SJN community, train and engage with fellow solutions-focused journalists, and create community around solutions journalism;
- Contribute insights, share project updates and embrace an “all-teach, all-learn” spirit, seeking out peer expertise — and sharing yours — within the LEDE cohort and with other solutions journalism practitioners in SJN’s network;
- Serve as an ambassador for solutions journalism, locally and globally;
- Abide by SJN’s ethical standards.
How can I learn more about the fellowship?
Encouraging anyone who is interested in applying to join our informational session on Wednesday, Oct. 6, from noon-1 p.m. EDT (register here).
The session will be hosted by LEDE Fellowship manager Julia Hotz, and will feature 2021 LEDE Fellows Mónica Quesada Cordero, Ambika Samarthya-Howard, Alfredo Casares, Assunta Corbo and Divya Manocha. Though the one-hour call will be recorded, we hope prospective applicants can attend live to ask questions themselves!
Find out more and apply at the official link below:
Apply before 17th October, 2021