Deadline: 1st March 2021 | Age 18-26 | The Young Leaders Access Program is a year-long program that prepares young people, 18 to 26, to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning.
The YLP team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of ‘Local Change Through Global Exchange’.
MCW Global’s Young Leaders Access Program begins with the Community Needs Assessment, a 2-month community needs mapping project that prepares young people between the ages of 18-26 from around the world to better understand their own local community. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a 3-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After Virtual Learning, participants spend 7 months developing their action plans with support from alumni mentors.
Young Leaders Must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community to address;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (July 1, 2021);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Complete the Community Needs Assessment over the summer, attending the 3-months Virtual Learning program, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Submit a completed application on or before March 1, 2021 end of the day (NYC EST time).
For full details and application, head to the official link below:
Apply before 1st March, 2021