Deadline: 30th April 2021 | Age 18-30 | Push your creativity to the next level and tell inspiring stories through your photos about #ASEANYouth Shaping the Vision of Sustainable Energy as the New Normal”. Amateur photographers are highly welcome.
As part of ASEAN’s continuous initiative to drive an integrated, competitive, and resilient region through the utilization of renewable energy, we are calling all young and talented photographers aged 18 – 30 years old from 10 ASEAN Member States to submit a photo story on the theme of “#ASEANYouth Shaping the Vision of Sustainable Energy as the New Normal.” The photo competition, which is one of competition series under ASEAN Youth Energy Awards (AYEA 2021), aims to contribute to the awareness of the benefits of sustainable energy (solar, wind, hydro, tidal, and biofuel) paving the way for ASEAN’s cleaner and greener future.
A total prize of 2,000 USD will be awarded to the Top 3 Winners and the People’s Choice Award Winner. They will be announced during the 39th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting 2021.
Based on the photo story submissions, the 10 youth from 10 ASEAN Member States will be selected to participate in a virtual visual storytelling workshop in June 2021. The final photography projects from 10 finalists will be submitted to a Technical Evaluation Committee and a total prize of 2,000 USD will be awarded to the Top 3 Winners and the People’s Choice Award Winner, announced at the 39th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting 2021
Who can apply?
- Creative and talented youth that holds an ASEAN Member State passport (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) and resides in the country of citizenship.
- Amateur photographers and interested youth are encouraged to apply. Note: Professional photographers who are full-time employees or contributors of established media outlets and/or have their own photography firms are not eligible to participate.
- The applicants must be aged 18 to 30 years old at the time of the deadline of submission on 30 April 2021.
- Selected finalists must be able to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English to be able to participate in the virtual workshop.
- Selected finalists must have active Facebook and Gmail accounts for ease of communication with the trainer and other participants.
This competition is held in cooperation with GIZ and @aseanenergy through ASEAN-German Energy Programme.
Find full details and competition rules at the official link below:
Apply before 30th April, 2021