Deadline: 31st March 2023 | Launched in conjunction with the ASEAN Day on 8 August 2018—is a collaborative programme by the ASEAN Foundation and Maybank Foundation dedicated to empowering youth and communities across the region. The programme provides youth with an experiential and educative learning platform through social volunteerism. They collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds to implement their ideas and advocate solutions to grounded issues in local communities across ASEAN. They delve into an impactful journey to make a tangible, meaningful change among target communities in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and—soon in Cohort 3—Singapore.
PARTNERSHIP BENEFITS FOR IMPLEMENTING PARTNERS
The eMpowering Youth Across ASEAN (EYAA) Cohort 3 Programme will provide the selected implementing partners (i.e., Civil Society Organisations and Social Enterprises) across Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore with the followings:
- A grant up to USD 27,000 per project to plan and implement a two-week social project
- Human resources (i.e., 12 Youth Volunteers from ASEAN countries) to be allocated for each implementing partner to run a project
- Exposure across ASEAN as the programme involves various stakeholders in the region.
In addition to the allocated grant for project implementation, the programme will cover the following:
- A round-trip travel from the airport in the country of origin (i.e., ASEAN member states) to EYAA-related events in the hosting country (i.e., ASEAN member states)
- A small accommodation and meal allowance during EYAA-related events
- A variety of professional development activities.
However, the programme will not cover the following:
- Transportation arrangements from home to the nearest airport in the country of origin (i.e., ASEAN member states)
- Travel insurance of the participants
- Health insurance of the participants
- Any expenses that are not directly related to the programme
Any Civil Society Organisations and Social Enterprises based in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore that meets the EYAA eligibility criteria listed below are welcome to apply. Civil Society Organisations and Social Enterprises that focus on issues of community building/empowerment, arts and culture, environment, and education, are strongly encouraged to apply. Competition for the EYAA Programme is merit-based and open to any Civil Society Organisations and Social Enterprises that are:
- Registered in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Singapore
- Working on issues under the thematic areas of community building/empowerment, arts and culture, environment, and education
- Able to communicate, both written and spoken, in English
- Available to travel to EYAA-related events in any ASEAN member state where the events take place
- Committed to providing mentoring support to 10 Youth Volunteers involved in their project, including but not limited to; (1) willing to help Youth Volunteers to reflect on their work; (2) sharing networks/contacts; and (3) willing to give both positive encouragement and critical constructive feedback
- Showing active online presence (i.e., being active on social media and/or having a website)
- Possess a USD bank account from any major bank in Southeast Asia. It must be an organisation’s account. A personal bank account is not acceptable.
POSSIBLE SOCIAL PROJECTS
Candidates may propose project ideas provided that the focus of the project falls under the four thematic areas of community building/empowerment, arts and culture, environment, and education. The followings are samples of viable social project ideas that candidates may consider:
|Community Empowerment||Structural improvement, livelihood, financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and skills training|
|Arts and Culture||Arts and handicraft project, weaving, theatre and art mentor, teaching music, dance, and drama for youth|
|Environmental Diversity||Agricultural business development, organic farming, support farmers in rural villages, and conservation projects.|
|Education||Project that boosts elementary school students’ literacy and numeracy, skills training for teachers, works with special needs children, teaching English to youth.|
Find out more and apply at the official link below:
Apply before 31st March, 2023