Deadline: 31st January 2023 |
This multi-day workshop will bring together youth leaders from the ASEAN member states and Timor-Leste to explore on combating climate change through practical application of innovative clean technologies and apply innovative technology solutions to address climate change and environmental issues in the region. The workshop will empower YSEALImembers to develop solutions, connections, and ideas to advance partnerships to combat climate change and further sustainable development in the region and between ASEAN and the United States.
You will navigate through the principles and key factors of successful enterprises and how they can use entrepreneurship to contribute to the growth and sustainability of the ASEAN region on environmental development. The workshop will feature TED style talks, networking sessions, and guidance from successful young ASEAN entrepreneurs, allowing participants to connect with fellow youth leaders and U.S. embassy representatives on a peer-to-peer level.
This workshop will provide participants with an immersive, highly dynamic, and interactive six-day “learning journey,” combining insights and interactions from leading experts and local organizations with CMU STeP, a leader in the region on innovative approaches to the utilization of environmental technology. We have selected Chiang Mai as the location, with the richness it offers as a city of creativity and innovation and a full suite of enviro-tech programs, combined with a strong cultural identity. Participants will use the guidance and experiences gained from the experts, training, and site visits to reflect and discuss among participants how environmental issues are being tackled and how it applies or can be solved in their own country and through regional cooperation.
The candidate must have a strong commitment and ability to participate fully throughout the program (February–December, 2023), which will require participation through the in-person regional workshop in Chiang Mai, Thailand (June 12–17, 2023).
Eligibility Criteria –Applicants must:
- Be between 18–35 years old at the time of application.
- Have a basic English language proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Have a basic education with at least a high school graduate level.
- Have the ability to travel (in-country and cross-country).
- Have accessibility to the internet with basic proficiency in computer applications (e.g., internet and MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
- Be citizens and residents until December 2023 (if possible) in the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam.
- Have not ever participated in a YSEALI workshop before.
- Have basic knowledge and experience relevant to clean technology, sustainability, biomass, waste and renewable energy, climate change, smart city, forest restoration and AI and digital public data.
- Be highly motivated to engage collaboratively with representatives from diverse communities in order to strengthen understanding and enhance personal growth in alignment with the program’s goal.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, motivation, time management, accountability, and strong commitment.
Find out more and apply at the official link below:
For any further queries, you may directly address your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply before 31st January, 2023