Deadline: 15th December 2023 | For youth from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam. This fully-funded workshop will bring together 55 young leaders who are between the ages of 22-35.
This year, the 4-day Leadership Academy will empower and advance the careers of emerging women leaders, advocates and leaders working to address the climate crisis and challenges in (E4): Environment, Ecology, Energy, Equity.
Specifically, the Academy aims to:
- become an avenue for participants to advance their leadership skills
- increase the participants’ understanding of key gender differences and challenges specific to climate and environmental issues in the region
- expand their network of young Southeast Asian women leaders who work across national borders and drive collective action
- provide access to seed funding and mentorship
- nurture a strong ASEAN identity and community
The program will also include leadership training and strength assessments; sessions on climate resilience and environmental issues; and networking opportunities and mentorship with leaders from the region and the United States to foster cross-cultural exchange and increase areas and scope of impact in the domain of climate resilience.
If you are interested in strengthening your leadership skills and advancing your career, and you meet the following eligibility criteria, please apply by submitting this form before December 15, 2022.
The six-month program will start with online activities and sessions in February 2023, followed by an in-person workshop in May 2023 and optional advocacy and collective action activities until August 2023.
All travel, lodging, and costs associated with your participation will be funded by the U.S. State Department through the U.S. Mission to ASEAN, in cooperation with Wedu as the implementing partner.
- Women aged between 22 to 35 (at the time of application and workshop)
- Citizen of and currently residing in: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- Passionate about building communities and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Have a valid passport that expires after December 31, 2023
- Vaccinated against COVID and willing to maintain booster doses as available
- Able to attend the entire four-day in-person workshop in May 2023 and the pre and post-workshop activities from February-August 2023.
You may be wondering how they define “climate/environment-focused.” Here are a few examples of areas this would include (but this is not an exclusive list):
- Climate resilience
- Climate adaptation
- Sustainable energy
- Sustainable agriculture
- Organic farming / nutrition
- Biodiversity management
- Forests & wildlife
- Water security / reducing harmful pollutants (such as microplastics)
- Mitigation of air pollution
Find out more and apply at the official link below:
Apply before 15th December, 2023